The front end developer is responsible for taking our designers’ work (e.g. flats and layered graphics from Photoshop) and transforming them into functional browser interfaces with HTML/CSS. You will also be responsible for maintenance and upgrades to numerous digital projects.
Our functional groups are well-defined with roles handled by their respective teams:
Creative Director -> Information Architect/UX -> Designer -> Front End Developer -> Back End Developer.
We don’t expect you to design interfaces but we do expect you to explore ways to push our front-end interfaces from “standard” to “outstanding.”
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates
- Cross-browser testing and quality control including mobile platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work closely and effectively with creative directors, designers and engineers/developers
- Familiarity with Dreamweaver templates (just the templates, not the application)
- Responsive design (by hand)
- Knowledgeable in HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Object oriented Jscript and jQuery (or a willingness to learn quickly)
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors
- PHP & MySQL development experience