Mid to Senior Back-End Web Developer (Laravel & MySQL)
OOHology is always looking for talent!
If you're a mid-level to senior back-end developer with Laravel and MySQL chops, we'd love to know more about you.
The back end developer (BED) is responsible for taking the output (HTML/CSS) produced by our front end developers (FED) and integrating/creating the server-side code (PHP and MySQL) necessary to complete applications. Our functional groups are well-defined with design and front-end development handled by their respective teams. If you like to produce well-conceived and elegant custom code, this is the place for you.
We have an exciting environment and are one of the few creative agency's in the region specializing in advanced Web Applications. Smoking hot UX, design and amazing front-end capabilities are all part of our recipe. "This is not your peepaw's web development shop."
- Experience crafting beautiful and clean PHP code
- Advanced Laravel experience
- MySQL - Custom queries & PDO/ORM experience
- Advanced version control workflow with Git
- OOP and familiarity with common design patterns
- Test-driven development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well honed attention to detail and the initiative to check your own work thoroughly
- The ability to work thoughtfully and productively in a team environment (no lone wolfs need apply)
- Advanced DevOps tools experience, CI/CD, deployment, containers, etc.
- AWS configuration and engineering
- Wordpress experience
- Bugherd / Issue tracking software
- The desire to escape your corporate overlords
- It's a big world out there... tell us what else you're into!